"All the beauty in the world was made within the oppressive limitations of time, and death, and impermanence."
-Welcome To Night Vale Episode 42 (Numbers)
I made a couple posters based on a line from the end of episode 42 that stood out to me. Hope you like them.
Please don’t repost, thank you! :3
High quality prints available soon, after I add a little jellyfish cat / cat jelly / jellykitty?? into the picture (yes, more opportunities for word games lol). If you’re interested, please email me at email@example.com to be notified when they’re available!
Cat mermaids I’m dying!
Easily the most horrifying line of dialogue I’ve ever heard in an animated movie.
NO BUT THIS WAS SUCH A GOOD GODDAMN MOVIE LIKE THE MUSIC IS FUN AND SUPERB THE CHARACTERS WERE REAL PEOPLE EVEN THE ANTAGONISTS THE WOMEN WERE GREAT IT WAS ALL GREAT. IT DOESNT MATTER IF YOURE JEWISH, CHRISTIAN, MUSLIM, ATHEIST, WHATEVER ELSE IT DOESNT MATTER ITS SUCH A GOOD MOVIE AND ITS LITERALLY ONLY 90 MINUTES OF YOUR DAY AND EXPERIENCE THIS HERE JUST CLICK IT LITERALLY IT WILL OPEN IN A NEW TAB GO WATCH.
also can we point out that none of the characters were white? like damn accurate depictions of Biblical characters
No woman wants an abortion like she wants an ice cream cone or a Porsche. She wants an abortion like an animal caught in a trap wants to gnaw off its own leg.
Six simple rituals for more winning:
1. Drink a glass of water when you wake up. Your body loses water while you sleep, so you’re naturally dehydrated in the morning. A glass of water when you wake helps start your day fresh.
2. Define your top 3. Every morning ask yourself, “What are the top three most important tasks that I will complete today?” Prioritizes your day accordingly and don’t sleep until the Top 3 are complete.
3. The 50/10 Rule. Solo-task and do more faster by working in 50/10 increments. Use a timer to work for 50 minutes on only one important task with 10 minute breaks in between. Spend your 10 minutes getting away from your desk, going outside, calling friends, meditating, or grabbing a glass of water.
4. Move and sweat daily. Regular movement keeps us healthy and alert. It boosts energy and mood, and relieves stress.
5. Express gratitude. Gratitude fosters happiness. Each morning, think of at least five things you’re thankful for. In times of stress, pause and reflect on these things.
6. Reflect daily. Bring closure to your day through 10 minutes of reflection. Asks yourself, “What went well?” and “What needs improvement?”
Victory of Faith (1889) by George Hare (1857–1933)
Two sleeping christian martyrs awaiting to be devoured by wild beasts, seen behind
"Victory of Faith" represents two converts to Christianity - a Caucasian and Ethiopian, mistress and maid - asleep on their dungeon bed of straw, and is masterful in design, whilst contrast is effected by opposites without any resort to glaring or overpowering leading lights." ”
—1893 review of the Chicago’s World’s Fair printed in the Otago Witness
"Two Christian maidens, nude, one fair the other a negress, lying asleep on some straw on the pavement before a lion’s cage, through the bars of which the animals are glaring at the figures" ”
—Academy Notes from the Royal Academy of Arts, (1889)